YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2006-03 > 1142467241

From: "Glen Todd" <>
Subject: RE: [YKS] Blue blood at last
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:00:41 -0700

> Well, you are indeed descended from one woman,
> 'Mitochondrial Eve', who was the female ancestor of
> all humans living today and who lived approximately
> 150,000 years ago, and 'Y-Chromosome Adam', who was
> the male ancestor of all living humans and who lived
> about 60,000 years ago, both of them in Africa.

Well put. And most creation myths tell pretty much the same story in
different ways (ours has first man and first woman made out of trees instead
of mud, for instance). It's too bad that some people can't tell the
difference between mythology and history (or science).

> Given that powerful rulers were fond of spreading
> their seed, all of us must share at least some royal
> blood!

And given the track records of many such rulers, we should probably be
slightly embarrassed by the fact.

Glen

This thread: