YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2006-03 > 1142467734

From: "Jean and Terry" <>
Subject: Re: [YKS] Blue blood at last
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:38:54 +1030

Tracing ancestors backwards is always somewhat tricky until the day comes
when DNA can help as not all children were born of the parents who claimed
them it would seem. In fact we go about it all wrong really. The only way
we can be more certain (not the word More) is to trace back through the
mother's line not the male. It would help when we encounter those unhelpful
birth or marriage certificates with no mention of father anyway. I
currently am happy to get back to 1800 Jean in S. australia.