YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2006-03 > 1142872209

From: Joyce Ream <>
Subject: Blue Blood at Last - possibly
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:30:09 -0700

Hi Listers,

I've been following this thread with great interest as I did actually
manage to find a link with the aristocracy within my ancestors.

My 5 x great-grandmother, Mary Cook is buried in Lammas Cemetery, and
on her gravestone it says "One of Ye Daughters of Charles Needham".
It took me quite a while and considerable research to find out that
Charles Needham was the son of Charles Needham, the 4th Viscount
Kilmorey. I have the connections documented, and from there I have
been able to trace the family back for more generations.

So, don't give up on finding aristocratic ancestors, it can happen!!

Joyce Ream,
Alberta, Canada

This thread: