YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2007-12 > 1197235606

From: "Vivienne Simmons" <>
Subject: Re: [YORKSGEN] Yorkshire Puddings
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 16:26:46 -0500

It's fatal to a YP if the oven and/or fat aren't hot enough.
I recently read a good tip from the English cooking guru, Delia. She said
to heat the fat until smoking in the oven, then remove the pan, closing the
oven door to minimize cooldown, and put the pan onto a hot stove burner to
maintain the heat of the fat while you pour in the batter. Then quickly put
the pan in the oven.
It worked beautifully for me.
You have to work quickly though, and not have the pan on the burner too
long.