YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2008-02 > 1204314186

Subject: Re: [YORKSGEN] Yorkshire place names
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:43:06 EST

writes:

I am trying to identify some place names in Yorkshire in the 1861 Census,
the family is living near Bury but come from Yorkshire. In later censuses
the son John WALKER gives his place of birth as Clitheroe but here it seems
to have "GRUNTTON" Yorkshire, I can see a small Grunton near Darlington but
wondering if there is one nearer to Clitheroe.

Hi

Nearly every place name in Yorkshire could be found on this site.

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/Misc/Where/

regards

JUDY ELKINGTON
[W.R.Yorkshire, England]