YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2009-04 > 1241111515

From: John Lindley <>
Subject: [YORKSGEN] Genealogical diagrams
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 18:11:55 +0100

Hi

This is probably asking too much, but here goes. I am still whittling
away at my John LINDLEY (papermaker, buried Chapel Allerton 1831 aged 82
yrs) in the hope of finding his parents.

I have constucted a hand-drawn diagram, initially showing the usual
relationships (parents-children, marriage) and have added to this other
relationships, such as:

- neighbours in a particular census
- witnesses at marriages (trying to avoid the ever present parish clerk
of course)
- same/similar occupation
- complex marriages (e.g. William Dowgill who marries a Lindley and
then after breavement marries a Lindley widow)

The resulting web is interesting and showing up relationships that I had
not envisaged, but it might be helpful if it were possible to add other
types of relationships to the database and produce a diagram of these.
Is any family tree software capable of doing this?

John L
NRY

This thread: