YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2009-08 > 1250278227

From: "Nivard Ovington" <>
Subject: Re: [YORKSGEN] INGHAM, George
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:30:27 +0100

Hi again

Part two <g>

If John INGHAM is the father and an Elizabeth is the mother and they were is
Leeds and married there (no guarantee they did of course) there are two
possible marriages as follows

Marriages Sep 1846
Day Elizabeth Leeds 23 376
Ingham John Leeds 23 376

Marriages Dec 1849
Ingham John Leeds 23 497
ROBINSON Elizabeth Leeds 23 497

There are possible Elizabeth DAYs and ROBINSONs around Leeds in 1841 so that
doesn't help much

Births wise the most likely is the following

Births Sep 1849
INGHAM George Leeds 23 411

If the above has a mother Elizabeth it would give good grounds to believe
its the right one

There may be an address which may tie in with the address at the death
registration but people moved quite often so may not

Nivard Ovington in Cornwall (UK)

> My 3 x? great Grandfather was one George INGHAM, all I know about him is
> that he was born circa 1848.? This year was taken from the census marriage
> and death cert ages.? He married Grace HINDLE in 1868 at All Saints
> Leeds.? He died in 1877 aged 29 leaving 2 sons and a daughter Grace.? I
> descend through Grace.? His two sons both ended up in Shardwell Certified
> Industrial School for petty crimes like stealing food to eat.? Grace Nee
> HINDLE had a number of ilegitmate children after her husbands death and I
> suspect she may have turned to prostitution to survive.? On the census she
> was listed as Dressmaker :)? Grace jnr was born at Bury in 1875.?
>
> George's father according to their marriage Certificate was one John
> INGHAM and thats as far as I have been able to get with this twig.? I have
> no idea where John was born and I am not even certain it was in Yorkshire
> but I have to start somewhere.? Liekwise it could be Bury but I would have
> thought with Grace being born there that would be a maternal relative.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Rob

This thread: