YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2011-10 > 1320065983

From: "Maureen Mitchell" <>
Subject: [YORKSGEN] Crowther and Vickerman textiles
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:59:43 -0000

Hi,

I'm trying to do a little research on the textile company of Crowther and
Vickerman, who were based at Crosland Moor, Huddersfield.

I'm particularly interested in the VICKERMAN side - who was involved in the
company, etc but all/any information would be useful.

I've checked West Yorkshire Archives and they only have 2 mentions of the
company - 1 from Dyers & Bleachers Union and 1 re marketing in Germany.
Google only comes up with 1 viable hit about someone who worked there.

Any information would be gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Maureen Mitchell

A Yorkshire tyke living in Norfolk (UK)

Researching JUBB & VICKERMAN