YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2013-02 > 1361623876

From: "Colin B. Withers" <>
Subject: Re: [YORKSGEN] The good news and the bad news re Yorkshire ParishRegisters
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 13:51:16 +0100

Yes, I am aware of the WYAS tie-up with Ancestry, it is just unfortunate that Yorkshire researchers now have to sign up to two providers to get full coverage, particularly if your ancestors straddled a boundary of coverage between Ancestry and Find My past :(

I also see that the scheme mentions scanning of parish registers (images) and makes no mention of any indexing, does anyone know if they will attempt transcription/ indexing as is often done with the censuses (providing transcripts, indexing and access to the original images)?

The Borthwick announced in 2010 this tie-up with Find My Past and the Yorkshire Digitisation Consortium and hoped the service would go live in 2013.

I look forward to it.

Colin