YOUNG-L Archives

Archiver > YOUNG > 2007-06 > 1180906174

From: "Carole Drexel" <>
Subject: [YOUNG] Georgia Youngs also SC
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 16:29:34 -0500

This is great research, ladies. We've been trying to document the southern,
-GA- Isaac Young bunch that you mention in the previous post. The original
Isaac Young, I'll call SR., who came over on the Ann to GA, a malster, from
Glouster, England, with 'wife and 7 children' had the ones listed below, and
his son Nathaniel and Thomas, at least, 'quit GA and ran off the SC' before
1750, which muddies the waters as well. Any of them could have had sons
named Isaac.
The son of Isaac, Sr., had a son named Isaac Young, Jr., who married Martha
Bradley. Martha's father was William Bradley of London, d. before 1770, who
also held property in S.C., who was sent by the GA Trustees to teach the new
arrivals of GA agriculture.
Martha Bradley Young's sister, Jane Bradley, was married to a Barnard, who I
think also had property in SC.
Martha Bradley Young and Isaac Young, Jr., had a son named Isaac Young, who
died in 1799, and who had a son named Benedict Young.
These Youngs were on both sides of the Savannah River.
I would love to see Dr. Meek's work on the Isaac Young of York Co., PA. It
might help shed light on 15 years of trying to sort these Youngs. Thank you
for the information about it! Please supply comments on any or all that I
have posted. The more thoughts on these lines the better.
Carole Farr Drexel