ZIEGLER-L Archives

Archiver > ZIEGLER > 2010-07 > 1280271499

From: June Jordan <>
Subject: Re: [ZIEGLER] York, Adams, Perry, Dauphin counties, PA?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 18:58:19 -0400

I was curious about the Ziegler Grove. I had never heard of it. I emailed Gettysburg NMP and received this information from Ranger/Historian John Heiser.

"Ziegler's Grove" was a narrow stand of mature trees on the northern tip of
Cemetery Ridge, occupied by Union troops during the Battle of Gettysburg.
These woods marked the southeast corner of a sizeable farm owned by David
Ziegler, whose property was intersected by the Emmitsburg Road (Business 15
today). The park does not hold any family information on Ziegler, but we
recommend you contact the Adams County Historical Society for anything they
have on this and other Zieglers who lived in Adams County. You can contact
the society through their web site atwww.achs-pa.org/

There was a David Ziegler who lived at Gettysburg, Adams Co., PA.
There was a younger David Ziegler in same county that could be his
son although the LDS record doesn't show any children.

Husband - David Zeigler
Birth: 23 JAN 1798
Christening:
Marriage: 25 MAR 1824 , Adams, Pennsylvania
Death: 16 APR 1882
Burial:

Wife - Ann Waybright
Birth: 02 FEB 1802 Hamilton, , York, Pennsylvania
Christening:
Marriage: 25 MAR 1824 , Adams, Pennsylvania
Death: 03 MAY 1878 Gettysburg, Adams, Pennsylvania
Burial: Evergreen, , Adams, Pennsylvania