ZIMMERMAN-L Archives

Archiver > ZIMMERMAN > 1998-02 > 0887690543

From: Paul Andree <>
Subject: Zimmerman in Union & Northumberland Co, PA
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 23:42:23 -0500

Hi Cousins,

I have some new info that may be of interest.
if any of this is familiar, I would appreciate any additions to this
info that you may have. My David was married in the same area that
several of these Zimmermans were buried.

I am looking for info on David Zimmerman, 1787, m. 8-15-1815, Mary
Kelly, 1796 in Hartleton, Union Co, PA. We do not know who David's
parents & siblings were.
Union Co was formed from Northumberland Co in 1813.

It is possible that my David Z. was 1st married to Ellen Ickes. Born in
Ickesburg, Perry Co, Pa.
Descendant of Nicholas Ickes of Pennsylvania.
Daughter of Nicholas Ickes and Susanna Bernheisel (1779-1846) his 2nd
wife, m. 1797.
Nicholas Ickes (1764-1849) at the age of sixteen served as a substitute
for George Evans. He was born in Montgomery Co., Pa., left there in
1795 and died in Ickesburg.

I have found the following info recently.

Abraham Z., b. 11-26-1766; d. 2-24-1813; buried in Keister Cem. (2 miles
of Laurelton, Union Co, PA (his children don't include a David; so he
could be a younger brother of David, or an uncle)
Abraham was the son of Mathias and Margaret Zimmerman, Mont, PA

Also:
Hannah Zimmerman, b. 6-27-1811, Northumberland Co (now Union Co); d.
12-3-1887 in Ashland Co, Ohio in Riddle Cem.
Hannah was the daughter of Levi Zimmerman, b. 10-21-1773 and Susanna, b.
3-9-1773

Levi was the son of John Zimmerman, b. abt 1745 in Philadelphia Co, PA;
m. 11-12-1772, Rachel Castner (d. 1-14-1812 in Hartley Twp, Union Co,
PA) John Z. d. 1813 and buried in Kiester Cem., Laurelton, Union Co, PA
Hannah married her 2nd cousin, Peter Zimmerman, 2-19-1799, who was the
son of Abraham Z.

Magister Johann Jakob Zimmerman, b. 11-25-1642 in Vaihingenander Enz,
Wurttemberg
Graduate of Univ. of Tubingen; d. 1693 in Rotterdam, Holland
m. 2-22-1671 Maria Margaretha Schaal; d. 1725 in Germantown, PA

Son of Magister Johann Jakob Zimmerman was:
Jacob Christopher Zimmerman, b. 1681 in Bietigheim, Wurttemberg
d. 1759 in Phil Co (now Montgomery Co) PA
m. 1709 Sibilla Vanvossen, b. 1689 in Holland

Son of Jacob Christopher Zimmerman was:
Jacob Zimmerman, b. 1709 or 1710 in Phil Co, PA
d. 3-1796 in Providence Twp, Phila Co, PA
m. 1st Catherine; 2nd Susanna Roberts on on 3-22-1754

Son of Jacob Zimmerman was:
John Zimmerman b. about 1745 in Phila Co, PA
(mentioned above as father of Levi)

You may view more Zimmerman info at the web address below.

--
Thanks,
Paul Andree

Andre's Net Design & Related Enterprises - Web Page Authoring

Web site at: - http://www.cde.com/~pandree
150 Christian Links
Genealogy - Andree, Beall, Crevier, Dabney, Munn,
- Wagner-Wagoner-Waggoner, Wall, Zimmerman
Bread of Life Services, Inc.- Surplus Food Program
Genetically Engineered Foods - You must read, it's extremely dangerous

BEALLmailto:
ZIMMERMAN mailto:
ALLEGHENY CO, PAmailto:
GERMAN-AMERICANmailto:
NORTHUNBERLAND CO, PAmailto:
PENNA-DUTCHmailto:
WASHINGTON CO, PAmailto:
WESTMORELAND CO, PAmailto:
Philippians 4:
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep
your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

This thread: