ZIMMERMAN-L Archives

Archiver > ZIMMERMAN > 2008-07 > 1215735137

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [ZIMMERMAN] James Notley Zimmerman
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 00:12:17 -0000

Author: wilsonfam7
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.zimmerman/2338.1.1.2.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

There are a handful of family trees at Ancestry that put James and William W. as brothers in this family:

Father: Frederick John Zimmerman (1774-1840) born PA died MI
Mother: Mary Ann Haggard (Born: 1786)

Children: All born in KY
John F Zimmerman (Born: 1807)
David L Zimmerman (Born: 1810)
Eliza Zimmerman (Born: 1812)
William W Zimmerman (Born: 1815)
James N Zimmerman (Born: 1817)
Mary Jane Zimmerman (Born: 1819)
Thomas J Zimmerman (Born: 1824)
Francis Marion Zimmerman (Born: 1827)
Joanna Monroe Zimmerman (Born: 1832)

I have done quite a bit of research on this family, hoping to tie them in. None of the people that posted this family has any source info. I find them in Scott County, KY in 1810 and 1820, and then in Lexington in 1830. There is a marriage record for a Frederick John Zimmerman and Polly Haggart in Fayette County, KY Marriages 1803-1814. The marriage date is 6 Mar 1805. The ages of the children match up with the census records, and I can find several of the children on census records as married adults. In a wedding record that I found for William W., it says, "formerly of Lexington, KY". Perhaps the family moved to Michigan in the early 1830's. That puts James and William W closer to IL which is where they both married in the late 1830's. I find Mary Jane and her husband on a MI census in 1840, and Thomas J, and Joanna Monroe are living with them. I believe that Thomas J moved back to KY and married there.

If anyone has more info, please let me know.

Important Note: