ZachariahWells-L Archives

Archiver > ZachariahWells > 2002-07 > 1027147151

From: "Orin R. Wells" <>
Subject: [Zachariah Wells] DNA Study Results
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:39:11 -0800

I have some VERY preliminary results from phase I of the Wells DNA
study. What they show is there is no way that Zachariah Wells was a son of
Richard Wells and Ann "Nancy" Brown (aka the "Little Wells" family).

The disappointment is that it is not clear whether Zachariah was connected
to one of the earlier Wells families. A surprise shows that Zachariah
Wells was related to the Arron Wells and Robert Wells families of Mason
County, Kentucky and Robert has been traced to Pennsylvania. Another
participant whose family was in Chester County, PA is also a match. So it
would tend to indicate that Zachariah's trail may well lead to
Pennsylvania. As I said, the results are still very raw and preliminary,
but that much is clear.

Orin R. Wells
Wells Family Research Association
P. O. Box 5427
Kent, Washington 98064-5427
<>
http://www.rootsweb.com/~wellsfam/wfrahome.html
Subscribe to the "Wells-L" list on RootsWeb

This thread: