AUS-VIC-GOLDFIELDS-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-VIC-GOLDFIELDS > 2005-01 > 1106394522

From: "A O'Brien" <>
Subject: ATKINSON, John - Kangaroo Flat & ATKINSON, Joshua - Guilford
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 03:48:42 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
Is anyone researching either of the following
families?

John ATKINSON born c.1829 Warkworth, Northumberland,
England m. 1857 Carisbrook Margaret LAIDLER/LAIDLAW
11 children. Both John and Margaret died in Kangaroo
Flat, John in 1904 and Margaret in 1910.

And John's brother -
Joshua ATKINSON born c.1833 Alnwick, Northumberland,
England m. 1865 Castlemaine Elizabeth Ann EDWARDS.
5 children. Joshua died in Guilford in 1896.

John's and Joshua's parents were John ATKINSON and
Eleanor CRISP. I believe my 3rd Great Grandfather -
James ATKINSON (d.1902 Bendigo) is their brother.
James was born c.1831 Warkworth, Northumberland,
England, and his parents were John ATKINSON and Ellen
CRISP.

Thanks,
Aillin