AUS-VIC-GOLDFIELDS-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-VIC-GOLDFIELDS > 2005-06 > 1120104668

From: "A O'Brien" <>
Subject: Preston - Smythesdale & Ballarat
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:11:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone might be researching the
family of James PRESTON m. Abi MOWSER. I have
discovered that James is the brother of my 3rd Great
Grandmother Amelia PRESTON who married George Augustus
POTTER. I would love to contact
descendants/researchers of this family.

Here are some details of the family (Source: Vic BDMs
Indexes, James' death certificate, IGI, other
relatives research):

Descendants of Mr James PRESTON

First Generation

1. Mr James PRESTON, son of Mr Charles PRESTON and
Miss Elizabeth HEADING, was
christened on 27 Feb 1825 in St. Mary
Magdalene, Oxford, Oxfordshire,
England, died on 29 Oct 1901 in Skipton Street,
Ballarat, Victoria,
Australia, at age 76, and was buried on 30 Oct
1901 in Ballarat New
Cemetery, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia.

James married Miss Abi MOWSER, daughter of Mr Henry
MOWSER and Miss Ann BURR,
on 9 Feb 1851 in Horsleydown, Surrey, England.

Children from this marriage were:

2 M i. Mr James PRESTON was born about
1852 in England and died in
1947 in Ballarat, Victoria,
Australia, about age 95.
3 M ii. Mr Walter PRESTON was born in 1857
in Ballarat, Victoria,
Australia and died in 1917 in
Caulfield, Victoria,
Australia, at age 60.
4 F iii. Miss Mary PRESTON died before 1868.

5 M iv. Mr William Henry PRESTON was born
in 1859 in Smythes Creek,
Victoria, Australia and died in
1864 in Smythesdale,
Victoria, Australia, at age 5.
6 M v. Mr Charles PRESTON was born in 1861
in Smythesdale,
Victoria, Australia and died in
1947 in Ballarat, Victoria,
Australia, at age 86.
7 F vi. Miss Ann Burr PRESTON was born in
1863 in Smythesdale,
Victoria, Australia and died in
1930 in Footscray, Victoria,
Australia, at age 67.

Ann married Mr HOLLINGSWORTH.
8 M vii. Mr William PRESTON was born in 1865
in Smythesdale,
Victoria, Australia and died in
1944 in Bton(?), Victoria,
Australia, at age 79.
9 F viii. Miss Mary Ann Obern PRESTON was
born in 1868 in Smythesdale,
Victoria, Australia and died in
1868 in Smythesdale,
Victoria, Australia.
10 M ix. Mr Thomas Rawlings PRESTON was born
in 1868 in Smythesdale,
Victoria, Australia and died in
1868 in Smythesdale,
Victoria, Australia.
11 F x. Miss Abi Sophia PRESTON was born in
1869 in Smythesdale,
Victoria, Australia and died in
1955 in Warr(?), Victoria,
Australia, at age 86.
12 M xi. Mr Henry PRESTON was born in 1871
in Smythesdale, Victoria,
Australia and died in 1952 in
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia,
at age 81.