AUS-VIC-GOLDFIELDS-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-VIC-GOLDFIELDS > 2005-08 > 1123031142

From: "A O'Brien" <>
Subject: Elphinstone
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 18:05:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
Is anyone able to tell me the date of the ealiest
burial in the Elphinstone Cemetery, please?

Would it have been possible that my 3rd great
grandmother, Mary FULLERTON, was buried on the
family's property when she died there in 1858?

The Elphinstone Cemetery Register does not include
Mary FULLERTON.

The FULLERTONs owned 17 acres on what is now Bubbs
Lane, off the Calder, north of Elphinstone. The family
retained the Title of this property until at least
1906, though they did not occupy it for much of that
time. Sometime before 1906 it had been acquired by the
Metcalfe Shire and leased to George BUBBS.

Thanks,
Aillin