BOYD-L Archives

Archiver > BOYD > 2007-08 > 1188546621

Subject: [BOYD] San Francisco Caledonian Club's 142nd Scottish Games andHighland Gathering this weekend, September 1 & 2, 2007
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 03:50:21 -0400 (EDT)

Confido!

Dear Cousins:

It is that time of year again (already!).

Please join us this Saturday and Sunday at the Alameda County, California Fairgrounds, Pleasanton.

Our space has moved. We are now located near the rose garden and Administrative Gate, in spaces 138 & 139. And.... come see what I managed to fit into the Saturn to decorate the tent. I must admit that with the demise of my 22.5 yr old truck it was a bit of a challenge! Hoppy is not making the trip this year. He won't fit. Eleanor has promised new Boyd Castle photos... I should have some of Kipps Castle for you to see as well as all the others.

Plan to bring your family and friends, chair and cooler. Use the clan tent as your "home away from home." Join in discussion with other Boyds and participate in the clan march pot luck lunch afterward, as well as our after hours ceilidh in the camp ground on Saturday night.

Jim Boyd will be unable to join us again this year... he's still recovering from the effects of a surgery earlier this year. He will be missed! He wants to get back to the games in full force, but luck is not on his side, it seems, this year.

Chris and Nona will be maning their "Brown's English Toffee" booth, however, grandson, Rico will spend time helping with the tent. Don't be bashful -- if you are curious about working the tent, come on by and stay. I will show you the ropes and can use the help. This is the largest games and gathering in the world.

Dean Road Editor, Kevin McLachlan, will be spending time at our tent this weekend. Do come by and meet him!

Jamie, Lord Sempill has said he will also be by to visit. He will have information regarding "The Gathering 2009" and you will have opportunity to discuss the event with him. He's a rather friendly fellow and has enjoyed our hospitality before.

Sunday morning at 10:30am the Scottish Information Society, of which I am also president, will hold their meeting at our tent.

Steve Henricksen, Entertainment Chair for the SF Caledonian Club has really worked on getting some great groups and has changed the line up from past years. Brother from Australia will be there as well as Albannach from Scotland and several other bands and performers. (Yes! The Wicked Tinkers will be there again this year!) More information is available on the SFCC web site.
http://www.caledonian.org/
http://www.caledonian.org/games/gamesmain.html
http://www.caledonian.org/musicianspage.html

We also have some new ladies tee shirts and tote bags! And with any luck... we will also have the Sterling Silver cap badges by this weekend, as well. Come by and do your Christmas shopping!

I look forward to visiting with any and all of you that can make it.

Yours Aye,

Lauren
Lauren M. Boyd, FSA Scot
President