BOYD-L Archives

Archiver > BOYD > 2008-08 > 1220034095

Subject: [BOYD] San Francisco Caledonian Club's 143rd Scottish Games andHighland Gathering this weekend, August 30 & 31, 2008
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:21:35 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Confido!

Dear Cousins:

Reminder:

It is that time of year again (already!).

Please join us tomorrow and Sunday at the Alameda County, California Fairgrounds, Pleasanton. Plan to bring your family and friends, chair and cooler. Use the clan tent as your "home away from home." Join in discussion with other Boyds and participate in the clan march pot luck lunch afterward, as well as our after hours ceilidh in the camp ground on Saturday night.

Our space has moved. We are now located near the grandstand IN THE SHADE, under the trees, along side the hedge! Spaces 137 & 138. If you cannot spot us, ask around. All the clans have a list and a map and can direct you to us! And.... come see the new tents. The 10x20 bit the dust in Texas on Saturday of our AGM weekend. Our Editor has been kind enough to share space in his Explorer to ensure we have more than a table and a chair... .lol... which is all I may have fit in the Saturn with the new tents!

Jim Boyd will be unable to join us again this year. He will be missed! He plans to do the Queen Mary Games early next year.

Sally and Michael plan to join us for part of the weekend. I will look forward to a visit with them!

Chris and Nona will be maning their "Brown's English Toffee" booth, however, grandson, Rico will not be here to help at the tent this year. He's joined the Service!

Don't be bashful -- if you are curious about working the tent, come on by and stay a while. I will show you the ropes and can use the help. This is the largest games and gathering in the world.

Dean Road Editor, Kevin McLachlan, will be spending time at our tent this weekend. Do come by and meet him! He's bringing his massage chair again and after all the loading, unloading, setting up, etc. I am looking forward to my turn!

Sunday morning at 10:30am the Scottish Information Society, of which I am also president, will hold their meeting at our tent.

Steve Henricksen, Entertainment Chair for the SF Caledonian Club has brought back Tempest, Seven Nations and the Wicked Tinkers. Isla St. Clair returns from Scotland. Many other musical delights are on the schedule. Take a look!

http://www.caledonian.org/
http://www.caledonian.org/games/gamesmain.html
http://www.caledonian.org/musicianspage.html

We also have some ladies tee shirts and tote bags! And also the Sterling Silver cap badges. They are quite nice and are from the first pour of the mold. Come by and do your Christmas shopping!

I look forward to visiting with any and all of you that can make it.

Yours Aye,

Lauren
Lauren M. Boyd, FSA Scot
President