BOYD-L Archives

Archiver > BOYD > 2012-08 > 1346194145

From: Lauren Boyd McLachlan <>
Subject: [BOYD] San Francisco Caledonian Club 147th Scottish Highland Games,this weekend: September 1st & 2nd, 2012
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:49:05 -0700

Dear Cousins:

It is that time again!

San Francisco Caledonian Club 147th Scottish Highland Games

Saturday at 8:00am - Sunday at 6:00pm

Alameda County Fairgrounds
4501 Pleasanton Ave
Pleasanton CA 94566 USA

Come join us at the House of Boyd tent at the largest Scottish Games
and Gathering event in the world! We will be in spaces 76 & 77 in the
Glen of the Clans. We are set apart and near the rose garden. Same
location as last year.

The weather is predicted to be in the 70s to 80s. Pleasanton will indeed
be pleasant again this year!

The Clan tent is home away from home at the games. Bring a chair,
drop your cooler, put your feet up and visit a spell. Learn more about
the Clan, Scotland and meet some cousins while you are at it! Teach
me something new! Come and visit with other Boyds, explore the
Genealogical and Scottish History, including Boyd specific, books that I
bring (about 100 lbs worth!). This is your opportunity speak with others
about your research.

We cordially invite you to join us in the Clan March, held
approximately noon each day.

Dean Road Editor, Kevin McLachlan, will be staying home this year.
He's on doctor's orders to stay off his injured foot. He wishes he could
attend. This will be the first Pleasanton games he's missed since 2000!

Don't be bashful -- if you are curious about working the tent, come on
by and stay a while. I will show you the ropes and can really use the help
this year. I will be on the grounds Friday to set up. I will be camping
there again this year.

This is the largest games and gathering in the world.

Please do plan to join us in the Clan March by each day around noon.

For more information, please visit the organization's site:

http://www.caledonian.org/games.html

There is something to do for everyone! Great place for Christmas
Shopping too~!

I will have tee shirts on hand for this event. We even have a couple of
them in green to see how people like them.

Here's links to prior years' announcements and information. If you
can't join us this year, mark your calendars for Labor Day Weekend
each year for this event. Perhaps plan especially to join us in 2015
for the event's 150th event!

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/boyd/2010-09/1283484740
http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/boyd/2009-08/1251477634
http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/boyd/2009-08/1251474598