CAVE-L Archives

Archiver > CAVE > 2011-05 > 1304680084

From: ,
Subject: [CAVE] Thomas Cave-Spartanburg County SC and Dubois County IN
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 11:08:04 -0000

Author: wileya127
Surnames: Cave, Cavan, Medford
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.cave/776/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi! I am looking for information on Thomas Cave and Elizabeth Medford of South Carolina (Spartangburg County). I have quite a bit of information on them, but want to find Thomas' father and connect some possible relatives (John Cavan, Moses Cavan) who lived in the same county around the same time. Thomas Cave was a veteran of the War of 1812 (I have documentation). He moved his family to Dubois County IN in 1815 or so where he died in 1852. He was married 3 times. I am descended from his third wife, Fannie Davis Cave, and his granddaughter, Julia Ann Cave, who was my grandomother's grandmother. I have photos of Julia and quite a bit on this family's history in Indian.

Can anyone help me out with some additional information on the first marriage in South Carolina? Also, Thomas was supposed to have been born circa 1777 in Virginia. No idea what county or possible parents. This is why I want to make a connection if possible with the Cavans who live in Spartanburg County SC at the same time. I am wondering if they may be related, but made a name change for some reason.

Or they may be no relation.

Thanks for any help.

Important Note: