CUMBERLAND-RIVER-L Archives

Archiver > CUMBERLAND-RIVER > 2002-07 > 1025755069

From: "Carol Wyatt" <>
Subject: RE: [CRR] McKee line from Mathew to Gabriel
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 23:07:02 -0500

Kay; One thing that always bothered me. IN the census there is a
Mathias McKee living close to the Elias McKee in Knox Co. KY. in 1810
and Mathew McKee lived on the other side of Knox Co. I believe the
Mathias/Mathew Mckee son of Elias and Mathew McKee lived on the other side
in the census are two different Mathew McKee's. Now, Mathias/Mathew McKee
son of Elias they say, is the one who moved to Casey Co.

Quote of Janice Worley >Evidence has surfaced that Mathew McKee that married
Susanna Rouse was >son of Elias.

If this is so then this Mathew or Mathias are not the same Mathew. A
Mathias McKee was son of Elias and lived close to him in the 1810 - census.
Mathew McKee lived way on the other side.

I don't know if that explains the two marriages one in 1800 TN and one 1819
Knox Co. KY
to Mary "PollY" Clark I do believe there are two Mathew/Mathias McKee's.

I have a favor to ask of someone. In the 1850 census I believe Polly or
Mary McKee
was living with her son. I need her age and where she was born.

My census copy is a photo copy and so bad in some places I cannot read it.

Carol Wyatt

This thread: