DONAUSCHWABEN-VILLAGES-L Archives

From: "DVHH Project" <>
Subject: [DVHH] Important DVHH Project Announcement
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 02:09:21 -0400

Dear DVHH List Members, Volunteers and Supporters,

It is my great pleasure to announce that the Donauschwaben Villages Helping Hands (DVHH) is now a Non-Profit Corporation!

The Board of Directors is as follows:

Jody McKim (President)
John "Greenie" Busch (Vice President)
Beth Tolfree (Secretary)
Nancy Fredenberg (Treasurer)
Michael Polsinelli - Director
Gabriele "Gabi" Bugaisky - Director
Nick Tullius - Director
John Kornfeind - Director
Tina Leto - Director

This is exciting news for the DVHH. Our new status as a Non-Profit Organization will help ensure the continued success of the project in its mission to keep the Donauschwaben legacy alive. It will pave our way to the future and help the Project to grow and continue to serve the Donauschwaben Community by providing family historians with research information on their ancestors. This renewed commitment will further support our DVHH Volunteers and Contributors, and encourage yet more individuals to offer their "Helping Hands." I look forward to working with all the board members and thank them for serving in these positions. I'm very appreciative to Mike Polsinelli and Nancy Fredenberg, who were very instrumental in commencing our non-profit organization.

Now, I want to say "thank-you" to all the former Admin Team members, for all the time and labors of love you have given to us here at the DVHH, advising the project for nearly four years. The members I've had the pleasure of serving with are Mike O'Brien, Alex Leeb, Diana Lambing, Susan Williams, Rose Mary Keller Hughes, Nick Tullius, Nancy Fredenberg, Henry Fischer and Mike Polsinelli.

This group will be forever remembered for their amazing service and time invested; without their input and direction, the DVHH would be not heading in the direction it is today. A lot of good things emerged from this team and they deserve an applause! And this does not mark the end of their involvement with the project, as they will maintain the positions they have always had serving the DVHH.

A special thank you to Alex Leeb, who will continue as the DVHH Mail List Administrator. He has done a great job managing our mail list; and in addition to his other volunteer positions, he still makes time to always help others with their research!

I would also like to thank all of our Volunteers and List Members for their continued support and inspiration for future DVHH endeavors. Watch for more information on new projects and developments, and please see the updated Volunteers, Coordinators & Contributors Registry: http://www.dvhh.org/glance/registry.htm.

Thank you,
Jody McKim,
President

This thread: