DONAUSCHWABEN-VILLAGES-L Archives

From: Kurt McCrary <>
Subject: Re: [DVHH] deciphering church records
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 15:04:32 -0800 (PST)

Yes we sometimes have to initially take our best guess in some cases and then we back it up with fact or dissmiss it.

On another subject, Seems I remember our family talking about arranged marriages when I was young. I wonder if anyone has run across proof that such of a thing happened in Donauschwaben area's or Germany?

Susan Williams <> wrote: Kurt --that is true about the analogy. You may not have much use for looking for godparents and witnesses being the same, but it might come in handy. I found it for one of my early records. And in helping a friend, I did run into a problem of two people with the same name being born within months of each other. Deciding which was the correct "John Schlee" was difficult -- sometimes you just make the best guess you can. Susan