DONAUSCHWABEN-VILLAGES-L Archives

From: elizabeth Josellis <>
Subject: [DVHH] DP Camps
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 07:57:44 -0800 (PST)

Dear Listers,
Earlier there were mentionings about Displaced Persons Camps. My husband's Mom and Aunt were released from Camp Gross Wilfersdorf. I have a copy of a card which I guess acted like their release papers. It is very small and has their ages and Nationality being J.V.D. It was signed by Camp CMDR Hungarian Camp (signature which I cannot read) D.P. Section H. O. M, G LAND Sieiermark. I do not know where this particular camp is located (country or town), It might be part of a larger camp system or if a roster exists. If anyone has any insight or information I would truly appreciate it. They were both very little at the time and do not speak of their time in Banat, tito's camps or their time in the D.P. camp.

Thank you for having such an active board!!!!

Liz

This thread: