FARLOW-L Archives

Archiver > FARLOW > 2008-02 > 1203806124

From: "Chris Duff" <>
Subject: Re: [FARLOW] Genealogy: Farlow Family
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:35:24 -0500

Jim Farlow seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth. There is, I believe, a book in the Library of Congress called "The Farlows over a Thousand Years". I haven't searched for it yet, although Googling it shows no hits. The book, again I'm told, is by Denys King-Farlow, the third husband of one of the Guggenheim ladies and an old school friend of George Orwell. Further researching on the Guggenheim web-site shows his name as Denys King Farlow-Nettleton.

Our Farlow family is British to the core. A cousin has done some researching and found her family used to take bus trips to the village of Farlow in Shropshire. The National Archives in London shows two of our Farlows winning medals (and surviving) World War 1. The Farlow names you have given do not appear on our tree. Where are you based? There are many Farlows in the USA, and some Farlows originated in Ireland.

Look forward to hearing from you again.
Chris Duff