GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2008-06 > 1213364745

From: John Brandon <>
Subject: Re: Possible identity of Capt. Thomas Breedon's second wife Mary?
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 06:45:45 -0700 (PDT)

> A summary of the will of this Elizabeth Roberts of London
> was published in Coldham, American Wills Proved in London.
> It states that daughter Mary was wife of Robert (not Thomas) Breedon.

Possibly this was Capt. Thomas' son Robert B.

> I wonder if Joan (Price) Cleeve will be deleted from the next edition
> of
> RD600, or if a published refutation will be required first?

Maybe she can be allowed to stay, as the wife of a notable colonial.
However it does seem she wouldn't have descendants.

So all of you eagle-eyed genealogists out there be looking for a
1605-10 marriage for George Cleeve, or the baptism of an Elizabeth,
dau. of George Cleeve, in the same period.

It seems Elizabeth's daughter Ann Mitton (as well as Cleeve's daughter
Ann with wife Joan) was named for the grandmother, Anna Cleeve alias
Cary.

This thread: