GENANZ-L Archives

Archiver > GENANZ > 2008-07 > 1215931599

From: "Keith Radford" <>
Subject: Re: Anglicization of Chinese Name: AH SANG to ASSANGE
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 16:46:39 +1000

Hi Joanne,
Looks like they were registered in Qld. BDM's
http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/829.htm
https://www.bdm.qld.gov.au/IndexSearch/BirIndexQry.m
Marriages
1887/C1750 Sang - Whyte Mary
1924/B35386 Ah Sang Josephine Moore Daniel William

Births
1890/C11232 Ah Sang Amelia Ah Sang Mary Whyte
1892/C10851 Ah Sang Gertrude Ah Sang Mary Whyte
1891/C10819 Ah Sang Mary Elizabeth Ah Sang Mary Whyte
1894/C10175 Ah Sang George Ah Sang Mary Whyte

1888/C10435 Ah Sang John Joseph Ah Sang Mary Whyte

1904/C10749 Ah Sang Josephine Ah Sang Mary Whyte

Deaths
1873/C998 Ah Sang Ah Sang
1876/C240 Ah Sang Ah Sang
1880/C1066 Ah Sang Ah Sang
1885/C3953 Ah Sang -
1887/C646 Ah Sang -
1892/C3407 Ah Sang -
1896/C2341 Ah Sang -
1903/C2724 Ah Sang Ah Sang
1910/B13388 Ah Sang William James
1911/C2345 Ah Sang Ah Sang
1911/C4591 Ah Sang Ah Sang
1913/B17113 Ah Sang Evelyn
1914/C4545 Ah Sang Dorothy
1919/C1061 Ah Sang Mary
1925/B47271 Ah Sang -
1929/B9581 Ah Sang -

Kind regards,

--
Lynne, Sydney, AUSTRALIA

"Joanne Flack" <> wrote in message
> Hello Listers
>
> I am hoping to find a little more about George ASSANGE who married Mary
> WHYTE in Thursday Island. I have found reference on the net that his
> original name was AH SANG. George and Mary had nine children (where were
> they born?), one of whom, Cecil Alphonso married my g,aunt Ellen
> PERRICH-LUBINICH in 1911. They had a son Cecil Elliott.
>
> I would be grateful for any information regarding the family, particularly
> the Thursday Island connection and when any of the family came to
> Australia. Cannot find any births or marriages in Australia, other than
> for Cecil Alphonso.
>
> Regards
> Joanne
> -----