From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [DNA] M222/S21/S28
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 13:27:24 -0600

I finished adapting my excel software spreadsheet to directly take two separate populations, so it now automatically now gives time back to the MRCA of both clades as well as the MRCAs for the separate clades. I tested it with S28 against M222 as well as M222 against S21 I had to eliminate 481 and 413a from the sums because it appears a multi-step single mutation occured there in M222

G(M222) = 1740 years

G(M222/S28) = 3780 years

G(M222/S21) = 3570 years

This is consistent (within confidence intervals which are still not calculated) with the scenario I was led to yesterday when I did S21/S28

G(S21/S28) = 3780 years and the implication that S116 occurs very soon after MRCA(S21/S28)

I will now send out the tested new spreadsheet version to those who asked for it. I hope you have as much or more experience with programmed excel spreadsheets as I do. If you inadvertently hit a delete button or overwrite in the wrong place, you destroy the program.

Ken

This thread: