GOONS-L Archives

Archiver > GOONS > 2008-07 > 1214980860

From: "Polly Rubery" <>
Subject: Re: [G] Report on the Pomeroy Project
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 07:41:00 +0100

Hi Andrew

>>Your comment that you wouldn't start an
DNA study without funds to back it confirms my feeling that useful as it
might be, a DNA study is beyond what I can do at the moment.<<

I would not let that put you off setting up a yDNA Project. If I had taken
"having funds" into consideration then I would not have started mine - but
once started I have been amazed at how many people have actually volunteered
to take a test, paying either all, or a good part of the Kit fee. With
FamilyTree DNA you can set up a Project Fund and I have found that this is a
very useful place to suggest that people who are pleased with the trees or
other information that I share with them make a donation. As they can do it
online it saves all the expense of trying to purchase of cheque in pounds
sterling for small amounts. This has made up the fees for the tests so far
done.
So do think about it!
Polly

This thread: