GOSSETT-L Archives

Archiver > GOSSETT > 2009-12 > 1259961372

From: "Shelley Cardiel" <>
Subject: [GOSSETT] GOSSETT Family Bible
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 13:16:12 -0800

I've "rescued" an old family bible which I believe belonged to the GOSSETT
Family of Tennessee. The bible was published in 1877. Based on limited
research I was able to gather the following information and have included
that information along with details of the records included in the bible
below:

GOSSETT Family Bible
Dated 1877

Family Record - Births:
.John GOSSETT, born Sept 1 1801
.Elizabeth GOSSETT, born 1815
.Jane GOSSETT, born Aug 17 1853
.Joseph GOSSETT, born Nov 8 1857
.James GOSSETT, born Nov 12 1865
.Susan GOSSETT, born Jan 8 1868

Family Records - Death:
.Elizabeth GOSSETT, died Jan 22 1882

Additional family Information gathered:

John GOSSETT b. about 1802 in SC, married Elisabeth (b. about 1815 in TN)
and together they had a son Joseph GOSSETT b. about 1858.

Molly Susan GOSSETT b. 8 Jan 1868, married Eli Marion WILSON (b. 12 Aug 1856
in Powel Valley, TN) on 27 Nov 1884 in Anderson Co. TN and together they had
12 children including, David Robert; James Cain; Elizabeth Katherine; Nannie
Neal; Tennie Hall; John Hutsel; Mae Dixon; George Earl; Holston; Arizona;
Annie Mollie; and Marion Evelyn WILSON all born between 1885 and 1912 in
Anderson Co. TN.

Census records provide the following information:

1860 census of Anderson Co. TN:

John GOSSETT, age 55, born TN
Elisabeth GOSSETT, age 47, born TN
Alexander GOSSETT, age 23, a Farmer, born TN
James GOSSETT, age 17, a Farmer, born TN
Susan GOSSETT, age 15, a Domestic, born TN
Katharine GOSSETT, age 13, born TN
Anna GOSSETT, age 10, born TN
Jane GOSSETT, age 8, born TN
Joseph GOSSETT, age 3, born TN

1870 census of Clinton, TN:

John GOSSETT, age 69, without occupation, born SC, blind
Betsy GOSSETT, age 55, Keeping House, born TN
Ann GOSSETT, age 23, without occupation, born TN
Jane GOSSETT, age 21, without occupation, born TN
Joseph GOSSETT, age 13, a Farm Laborer, born TN
James GOSSETT, age 4, born TN
Susan GOSSETT, age 2, born TN

1880 census of Clinton, TN:

John GOSSETT, age 78, born SC, parents born SC
Elisabeth GOSSETT, wife, age 65, born TN, Keeping House, parents born VA
Joseph GOSSETT, son, age 22, born TN
James GOSSETT, grandson, age 14, born TN, parents born TN

1910 census of Anderson Co. TN: - County Labor Farm

Joseph GOSSETT, age 52, an Inmate, born TN, parents born SC/VA

Items included:
.Memorial Paper - "Of our Loved Ones" David WILSON, died Jan 7 1875,
aged 63 years and Katherine WILSON, died June 30, 1886, aged 73 years
(printed in Cincinnati, Ohio)

Additional information gathered:

1860 census of Anderson Co. TN:

David WILSON, age 49, a Blacksmith, born TN
Catharine WILSON, age 46, born TN
Elizabeth WILSON, age 22, a Domestic, born TN
Tabitha Q. WILSON, age 19, a Domestic, born TN
Mary E. WILSON, age 14, born TN
William WILSON, age 13, born TN
John N. WILSON, age 12, born TN
James A. WILSON, age 11, born TN
Jessie L. WILSON, age 7, born TN
Eli M. WILSON, age 5, born TN
Olive M. WILSON, age 3, born TN

1870 census of Clinton, TN:

David WILSON, age 59, a Farmer, born TN
Catharine WILSON, age 59, Keeping House, born TN
Emily WILSON, age 25, Without Occupation, born TN
William WILSON, age 23, a Farm Laborer, born TN
John WILSON, age 21, a Farm Laborer, born TN
James WILSON, age 19, a Farm Laborer, born TN
Eli WILSON, age 15, a Farm Laborer, born TN
Olif WILSON, age 13, at Home, born TN
Teimpe WILSON, age 11, at Home, born TN

1880 census of Clinton, TN:

Catherine WILSON, age 64, Keeping House, born TN, parents born TN/VA
Emily WILSON, dau, age 32, born TN, parents born TN
James WILSON, son, age 26, a Farm Laborer, born TN, parents born TN
Sarah T. WILSON, dau, age 18, born TN, parents born TN

I am hoping to locate someone from this family so that this wonderful old
bible can be returned to the care of family. If you are a member of this
family, or you know someone who might be, please contact me.

Thank you,
Shelley

This thread: