HARRIS-KY-L Archives

Archiver > HARRIS-KY > 2005-07 > 1120790926

From: "Mike Lamb" <>
Subject: John Mayhew Harris
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 02:48:46 +0000

Hello Julie,

The part of my message where it said James Harris brother to
Samuel Mayhew Harris is incorrect and should have said James
Harris brother to the original John Mayhew Harris, son of Samuel
and Susanna [Mayhew] Harris. I don't blame you for being confused!
I get confused just trying to type and keep it all straight! Thanks
for catching that and Thanks for your William McMahon Harris for
preserving that history in his book and thank you for sharing.
William wrote on page 20 that James Harris's widow lived to
be very old. She was buried in the old cementery at Gentryville
in 1853 or 1854. She came to Missouri with her son-in-law,
John Setzer. My question is: Do you know if her grave stone
is still there and would you have any info on her?
All for now. Mike