HARRIS-L Archives

Archiver > HARRIS > 2006-02 > 1138826069

From: dw Wills <>
Subject: Re: [HARRIS] Benjamin Harris 1775- 1848
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 12:34:29 -0800 (PST)

Sorry I have not been on computer for a few days I would greatly appreciate any information that you could share

Audrey Groves <> wrote: I believe that Bewmjamin Harris b. 15 Dec 1775 was born in Virginia ( in
later Census of some of his children they said their fasther was b. in VA).
At that time what is now Ky was still VA. I believe Ky became a state in tne
mid 1790"s.
Benjamin Harris married Mary Paddock ca 1800.
In the mid to late 1780"s the Paddock, Drake, Pound, Ferguson, Case & Paine
families left PA, at that time it was West Augusta District of VA, and moved
to Jefferson Co. VA which later became Nelson Co. KY.
Between 1799 - 1805 some of this group moved to Butler Co. OH.In 1818
Paddock, Harris, Paine & Drake families moved to Sullivan Co. IN. There is a
file on the Paddock & Harris in the libraries in Sullivan Co & Vigo Co. IN.
What line are you descended from.
I have a lot of information on these lines. I will gladly share the
information I have.
Audrey