ILFRANKL-L Archives

Archiver > ILFRANKL > 2011-02 > 1298517306

From: "Sheldon Jones" <>
Subject: Re: [ILFRANKL] Obituary look up for Gertrude Lee Swain(Maiden Name) and Virginia Ferrari
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 20:15:06 -0700

See SRJ2:

SRJ2:
Southern Illinoisan - Friday, 27 Nov 1970
Mrs. SWAIN Dies
Mrs. Virginia SWAIN, 81, of Sesser, died Thursday night at Franklin
Hospital,
Benton after a short illness. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the
Brayfield Funeral Home, Sesser, with the Rev. Dwight DAME officiating.
Burial will be in Maple Hill Cemetery, Sesser. Friends may call at 4 p.m.,
Saturday.

Southern Illinoisan - Sunday, 29 Nov 1970
Services Set For Mrs. Virginia SWAIN
Funeral services for Mrs. Virginia SWAIN, 81, of Sesser, will be held at
2 p.m. today at the Brayfield Funeral Home, Sesser.
The Rev. Dwight DAME will officiate, with burial in Maple Hill Cemetery,
Sesser.
Friends may call at the funeral home.
Mrs. SWAIN died Thursday night at Franklin Hospital, Benton, after a short
illness.
She was born May 18, 1889 in Italy. Her husband John died in 1964.
Survivors include a son, Amando(sic) of Sesser; daughters, Mrs. Gertrude
FABRIS of Sesser and Mrs. Constantine BEMBI of Italy; 12 grandchildren and
one great-grandchild.

(Frankfort Area has an obit (Benton? Paper) for Virginia in 1970 - I don't
have)

SRJ2: b. 18 May 1889 Italy
SSDI:
SWAIN, VIRGINIA 18 May 1889 Nov 1970 81 62884 (Sesser, Franklin, IL) (none
specified) Illinois 326-30-7754

> d: 26 Nov 1970, Sesser, IL. She was
> married at least 3 times to: Albani Franke 15 Apr 1913, Fr. Co.,

SRJ2: FCI Mar. Register Book 3 Page 459:
"Frank Albani" (surname first, correct?) residing West Frankfort, Ill.;
occ: Miner; age 31 next b-day; b. Italy;
s/o "Albani" and "Modelinia?"; 1st marriage)
married
Virginia FERRARI (res. West Frankfort, Ill; age 25 next b-day; b. Italy;
d/o "Ferretta" and "Angelina" ; 1st marriage)
on 15th of April, 1913 at Benton, FCI
(signed: "Frank Albani" and "Virginia Ferrari" !)

> had one son
> Amondo Franke b: 1914,

SRJ2: There is a Delayed Birth Certificate for an Armando(sic - per index I
have) FRANKIE
b. 15 Apr 1914 in FCI (holler if you want - I can get this Saturday...)

Is this him?:
FRANKIE, ARMONDO 15 Apr 1914 19 Jun 1993 79 62832 (Du Quoin, Perry, IL)
(none specified) Illinois 343-05-1132

> 2nd m/ to unknown Hampson,

SRJ2: I don't see in FCI...