IRL-CLARE-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-CLARE > 1999-12 > 0946523551

From: "Helen Richards" <>
Subject: [CLARE] Marriages in Registrar's District of CORK, 1860
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 13:12:31 +1000

Hello Everyone

Following are the details, as best I am able to decipher, of four Marriages
from the Registrar's District of Cork, 1860:

LAURENCE/RICHEY; TERRY/CRONIN(CALLAGHAN); DONOVAN/BATEMAN;
MACARTNEY/TUOHEY.

As for my previous message - if anyone is interested in a specific marriage,
I will try harder to solve the Question marks... Am not at all familiar with
the places involved, and unfortunately I don't have ready access to a list
of 'old' occupations. Once again - I would like to be corrected if
appropriate.

Regards
Helen Richards

Marriages in the Registrar's District of Cork., 1860. Page 529

LAURENCE/RICHEY
Registration No: 520 4?th July 1860
Married in Wesley Chapel

Groom: Thomas Clarke LAURENCE of Full Age, a Bachelor
Profession: Wesleyan Minister
Residence at time of Marriage: ??, Parish of Monkstown, County of Dublin
Father's Name: George Laurence
Father's Profession: ??

Bride: Sarah Jane RICHEY of Full Age, a Spinster
Profession: -----
Residence at time of Marriage: ??, Parish of St Finn Barr's, County of Cork
Father's Name: William Richey
Profession: Wesleyan Minister

Signatures: Thomas Clarke Laurence and Sarah Jane Richey
Witnesses: I (or J) W (or H) Richey, and G (or C) Laurence
-----------

TERRY/CRONIN
Registration No: 521 14 July 1860
Married in Registrar's Office

Groom: Vincent TERRY, of Full age, a Bachelor
Profession: Clogger (Cligger/Clegger?)
Residence at time of Marriage: South ?? Street, Parish of the Holy Trinity,
City of Cork
Father's Name: Vincent Terry
Father's Profession: Clogger

Bride: Julia CRONIN nee Callaghan of Full Age, a Widow
Profession: Publican
Residence at time of Marriage: South ?? Street, Parish of the Holy Trinity,
City of Cork
Father's Name: Murtagh Callaghan
Profession: Cooper

Signatures: Vincent Terry and Julia Cronin
Witnesses: John Ha??ing and Eliza Foley
--------

DONOVAN/BATEMAN
Registration No: 422 17 July 1860
Married in Independent Chapel

Groom: George R DONOVAN, of Full Age, a Bachelor
Profession: Accountant
Residence at time of Marriage: ??, Parish of St Anne Shandon (?), City of
Cork
Father's Name: John Donovan
Father's Profession: Gentleman

Bride: Eliza BATEMAN, of Full Age, a Spinster
Profession: -----
Residence at time of Marriage: ??, Parish of St Finn Barr's, County of Cork
Father's Name: John Sheppard Bateman
Profession: ?? 2 words Iron? .

Signatures: Geo R Donovan and Eliza Bateman
Witnesses: Nicholas Petersen and S S (or L) Moule?
----------

MACARTNEY/TUOHY
Registration No: 523 21 July 1860
Married in the Registrar's Office

Groom: Wm L MACARTNEY, of Full Age, a Bachelor
Profession: Gentleman
Residence at time of Marriage: Academy Street, Parish of St Paul's, City of
Cork
Father's Name: John Macartney
Father's Profession: Manufacturer

Bride: Norah TUOHY, of Full Age, a Spinster
Profession: Teacher
Residence at time of Marriage: Academy Street, Parish of St Paul's, City of
Cork
Father's Name: Thomas Tuohy
Profession: Manufacturer

Signatures: William L Macartney and Norah Tuohy
Witnesses: Virginia Tuohy and Jerh (Jeremiah?) Sfullano?
------

This thread: