LDS-WARD-CONSULTANT-L Archives

Archiver > LDS-WARD-CONSULTANT > 2009-02 > 1235787991

From: "W. David Samuelsen" <>
Subject: Re: [LDS-WC] Temples using NFS
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:26:31 -0700

Problems with "Family Tree"

Complete replace then you would not be able to help others as helper.
(Tell me where I can log in to help others?)

The separations will not hold because when you see in FamilyTree, you
think you did separate them but when you go into nFS, they are not.

And what's more, we are told to train the others in the nFS, not
FamilyTree in preparation for release in Utah, expected date is August
2009, providing there are no major problems before then.

In order to ensure correct parents are displayed, you have to go into
nFS to select and click on to make certain parents are shown properly
instead of wrong parents.

One beef I have with FamilyTree is the headache of trying to hold and
move, too slow.

And there is one person I want to merge, but message
"The combined record would be too large.

Volker Volkertszen LDS Church Temple Records
Person identifier: KC8T-Z8J
Male Volkert <Dirck> Folkers LDS Church Temple Records
Person identifier: KNCB-3CV
Male Volckert Dircks unknown4470317
Person identifier: MR3B-FX6
Male Volkert Volkertson LDS Church Temple Records
Person identifier: 9661-X1F
Male Volkert Volkertson James Archer
Person identifier: K2XH-RZ5
Male Volkert Volkertsen LDS Church Temple Records
Person identifier: MZLZ-LF6
Male Volkert Volkertson LDS Church Temple Records
Person identifier: KH7S-C8T
Male Volkert Derrickson LDS Church Temple Records
Person identifier: M1CN-Q8H
Male Volkert Dirckse LDS Church Temple Records
Person identifier: K67M-Y6N
Male Folkert Dierichson unknown4470317
Person identifier: KXNB-F47

The second one from the bottom is the CORRECT spelling, which means my
"FamilyTree" will always show WRONG and MALIGNED spelled name -
"Volbert Derickerson" - this is made up by some submitter, not supported
by any source.

So FamilyTree by any mean is NOT ready to take over the nFS! Meaning I
have to DEMOLISH the merged record in the nFS in order to get the
correct spelled name into the FamilyTree.

W. David Samuelsen