LDS-WARD-CONSULTANT-L Archives

Archiver > LDS-WARD-CONSULTANT > 2009-03 > 1237821420

From: RAY FRIESS <>
Subject: Re: [LDS-WC] Which Utah temples accept FORs?
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:17:00 -0600

That doesnt help much though. It's the same as they've said from the beginning, more than two years ago, that "someday" everyone will have it. The statement you report is the same as saying "Someday South Jordan and Bountiful will have it". Before the very first rollout, we were told essentially the same thing about Salt Lake. Salt Lake would be last but it will be "someday."

It doesnt make much of an impression on priesthood leaders or members to just be told "someday" Salt Lake, Ogden, etc. and Idaho will have it. We know that.

Even a general time frame would be helpful in getting interest generated. I've told our stake president and almost all the bishops in our stake that "someday" we will have it and we need to get going in teaching the doctrine and getting people moving on their family history. The response has been underwhelming. "The new program is great. Let us know when it gets here." They have pressing responsibilities and needs that have to be handled that they can see right now. A "someday" thing isn't going to get them moving.