LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2001-11 > 1005397352

Subject: [Lon] Occupation -Brass Founder, where?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 08:02:32 EST

Advice please, from anybody in the know.

Jonas WINSTONE (jnr), my great grandfather was born in 1853 at 4 Kings Head
Court, St Brides, City of London. On his birth certificate the occupation of
Jonas WINSTONE (snr), his father, my gg grandfather, is recorded as "Brass
Founder".

When Jonas WINSTONE (jnr) married Elizabeth Harriett CLARKE - from
Heytesbury, Wiltshire - at the Parish Church of St Philip, Lambeth in 1879
their address, recorded on their marriage certificate was 16 Pleasant Place,
Lambeth (?) and his occupation as "Brass Moulder".

Could SKS possibly advise me of what and where, in the the above areas, there
would have been brass manufacturing and what was being made, or from where I
might obtain this information?

TIA

Derek Jenkins, Surrey

This thread: