Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2011-06 > 1309061244

From: "Jack Goins" <>
Subject: Re: [MELUNGEON] racial origins vs. geographic origins
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 00:07:24 -0400

Randy I looked at some core melungeon Haplogroup R1b1a2 and they show
matches in Ireland/Scotland, Spain and Portugal. These European
haplogroups help reveal the broad areas our ancestors came from, while later
known as Geographical areas bring it into clearer focus. This would not
prove or disprove the Portuguese theory. The Family Finder DNA test gives
your ethnic percentages African, Native American, European, east Asian etc.
one I checked showed 90.50% western European and 9.50% Middle East. Jack