NYGENESE-L Archives

Archiver > NYGENESE > 2000-05 > 0957991578

From: "Marie" <>
Subject: [NYGENESE] Re: Holland Land Records
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 16:46:18 -0400

I believe that it is true that most of the records were returned to Holland,
but at least some have been microfilmed. You may want to check out the
following websites:

http://www.fredonia.edu/library/hlc.htm
http://www.fredonia.edu/library/hlcguide.htm

I have borrowed on interlibrary loan one roll of film, but it looks like
they have a lot more items of interest.
Marie

> Margaret Behnke wrote:
> > I have corresponded with the "historians" in Batavia, and am told that
the
> > I was also told that most if not all the records that the Holland Land
> > Company were returned to Holland, and have been lost......therefore no
deeds for
> > from about 1810 to 1818. It is just as if they never existed. We know
they
> > were there from Military records as several of them enlisted for the War
of
> > 1812 from Batavia, and they received land warrants after the War of 1812
for
> > been lost...

This thread: