NYGENESE-L Archives

Archiver > NYGENESE > 2008-01 > 1201474034

From: Doug & Ruth Poole <>
Subject: Re: [NYGENESE] Joshua CLARK Darien Twsp.
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 17:47:14 -0500

Susan (and the rest of the list),

This is going to sound weird, but to check for Clark's in Darien check
the records of Maple Wood Cemetery,
Pavilion NY (still part of Genesee County). It is my wife's family. What
happened was when they widened Route
20 back in the 19 teen's they removed several rows of tombstones. For
some reason rather than moving the Clark family headstone to another
section they knew that my wife's family were decedents of the Clark's.
So they
loaded it on th train and shipped it here. My father in law could
remember riding on the wagon that picked it up
at the Linwood Station. They then placed it on part of the Walker lot in
Maplewood. Their bodies are still under Rt. 20. As my wife is the last
of the line we wanted to get this information out.

Good Luck,

Doug & Ruth Poole