OXFORDSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > OXFORDSHIRE > 2005-11 > 1131578149

From: "A O'Brien" <>
Subject: GASCOIGNE - Bampton/Burford/Taynton
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 15:15:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know anything about this GASCOIGNE family?
I don't know who their parents were, although I
suspect they are somehow connected to the WALWYN
family of Standlake. I have found small references to
the family online and I have a copy of Walwin
GASCOIGNE's Will.
I believe I am descended from William MATTHEWS m.
Elizabeth GASCOIGNE. The Burford parish register has
her as 'Mrs Elizabeth GASCOINE' but in Walwin's Will
he refers to her as his sister. I would like to know
whether she was a sister or a sister-in-law. Any help
would be most appreciated, thanks.

--------------------
Walwin/Walwyn GASCOIGNE (d.1699) - London Merchant.

Martha GASCOIGNE m. _____ FREDERICK (then m. ____
HOLT)
children known: John, Mary, Joseph FREDERICK.

Dorothy GASCOIGNE (d.1702) m. John HANKS (then m. John
LODER)

Mary GASCOIGNE (d.1719) m. Robert CROFT (m.1677
Taynton)

Elizabeth GASCOIGNE m. William MATTHEWS (m.1686
Burford) (William MATTHEWS was from Goosey, Berkshire)
Children known: William.

The FREDERICK and HANKS families have a connection to
Bampton Manor.
<http://british.history.ac.uk/report.asp?compid=15915>;

Thanks,
Aillin,