PAHUNTIN-L Archives

Archiver > PAHUNTIN > 2001-11 > 1006672104

From: "Dave Wilson" <>
Subject: will of Samuel Booher
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 23:08:24 -0800

The following is from Will Book No. 6, pages 103 through 105

Last Will and Testament of Samuel Booher late of Cromwell Township dec'd.

Know all men by these presents that I Samuel Booher of Cromwell township in the county of Huntingdon and State of Pennsylvania farmer being in good health and of sound and disposing mind and memory do make and publish this my last will and testament, and as to my worldly estate and all the property real and personal or mixed of which I shall die seized and possessed or to which I shall be entitled at the time of my decease I divide bequeath and dispose thereof in the manner following to wit

First my will is that all my just debts and funeral expenses shall by my Executors hereinaftre named be paid out of my estate as soon after my decease as shall by them be found convenient.

I will that all my property shall be sold immediately by my Executors herein after named.

I give devide and bequeath to my beloved wife Elizabeth Booher four hundred dollars in property or in money to be paid to her by my executors hereinaftre named within six months after my decease to have and to hold the same to her and her Executors Administrators and assigned forever.

I also give to her the interest of all my estate for the term of six years after my decease to have and to hold forever after the expiration of six years my wife shall receive the interest of the one third of my estate and the remaining tow thirds of the interest shall be paid annually and _____ on interest which interest shall be added to the principal and shall be equally divided between my children when they become of proper age _____ when the youngest one shall be twenty one years of age. And lastly I do nominate and appoint Alvah Chilcoat to be the executor of this my last will and testament, in testimony whereof I the said Samuel Booher have to this my last will and testament I have subscribed my name and affixed my seal this first day of September in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty four.

Samuel Booher (seal)

County of Huntingdon

this thirtieth day of December A.D. 1864, before me Daniel Womelsdorf Register for the Probate of Wills and granting Letters of Administration in and for the county of Huntingdon, personally came H.R. Beers and Hester A. Chilcoat the subscribing witnesses to the above Will, and being duly sworn according to law, did depose and say that they were both personally present and saw and heard Samuel Booher the testator sign, seal, publish, pronounce and declare the foregoing instrument of writing as and for his testament and last will, and that at the time of so doing he the said testator was of perfect and sound mind, memory and understanding, to the best of their knowledge, observation and belief.

Sworn and subscribed before me, Dan'l Womelsdorf, Register

H. R. Beers
Hester A. Linn formerly Hester A. Chilcoat

Alvah Chilcoat, Executor of the estate of Samuel Booher late of Cromwell township dec'd

On the thirtieth day of December A.D. 1864, Letters Testamentary in common form were granted to Alvah Chilcoate on the estate of Samuel Booher late of Cromwell township deceased. Dan'l Womelsdorf, Register

This thread: