POYTHRESS-L Archives

Archiver > POYTHRESS > 2008-01 > 1200784655

From: Barbara P Neal <>
Subject: Re: [POYTHRESS] Cemetery's
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:17:35 -0700

Thanks, Dora, for the alert and for your work trying to save what's
still there. I forwarded a copy of your message to a couple of people in
case they aren't currently getting our Poythress-List messages.
Hopefully you'll hear from them, if you haven't already.

If you, Dora, are a Poythress descendant, I'd be glad to learn who your
Poythress ancestor was. I have collected some info on the various
Poythress people there earlier.

Barbara

1/17/08 wrote:
> Poythress Cemetery's
> Looking for other Poythress family who has family members buried in
> Northampton Co NC or Greenville Co VA. I found that some of the old cemetery's had
> been plowed up or destroyed. Trying to save what is left. So if you have family
> members who are buried there please contact me.
> One of the Cemetery's that had been plowed up is now owned by JB Ligion
> Greenville Co VA. Other names with the Poythress I am looking for is
> Turner.
> Bass.
> Garner
> Jarrell.
> Scott.
> Some of the Poythress who live in Petersburg VA and Wilson NC do not know
> they are related to the ones in Gaston NC. If you are some of these groups
> contact me.
>
> Thank you.
> Dora Turner-Nash
> Northampton Co NC