POYTHRESS-L Archives

Archiver > POYTHRESS > 2014-02 > 1392600027

From: Barbara Neal <>
Subject: [POYTHRESS] Death Certificate for Sarah Ann nee Simpson Poythress,d.1919 in TX
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 18:20:27 -0700

The below info is noted from examining an image of the death certificate at
the free genealogy research website, FamilySearch.org [The website is
maintained by the LDS, or Mormon, Church; anyone -- even non-LDS folk like
me -- can benefit from their many decades of filming historic records from
around the world, more and more of which records are being digitized and
placed online.]

Death Certificate stamped # 19836 from Tarrant County, Texas
- City of Fort Worth; 1611 Aulston Avenue, 8th Ward
- Mrs. Sarah A Poythress, female, white, widowed, born Dec 30, 1830; age
88 years 5 months 1 day.
- Occupation HouseWife
- Birthplace England
- Father: James S Simpson, born England
- Maiden name of mother: Wilkinson, born England
- Informant: Jos [Joseph] Poythress, of 1611 Aulston Ave.
- Certificate filed 2 June 1919
- Medical Particulars: died June 1 1919. I hereby certify that I attended
deceased from May 29, 1919 to May 31, 1919; that I last saw her alive on
May 31, 1919 and that death occurred, on the date stated above, at 6 a.m.
- The cause of death was: Shock Died from broken leg and hip. [signed
by] E.A. Walters, MD. of Ft. Worth on 2 June 1919
- Place of burial or removal: Philadelphia, Pa. 2 June 1919 [signed by
undertaker] Geo. L. Gause, of Fort Worth

This thread: