POYTHRESS-L Archives

Archiver > POYTHRESS > 2014-02 > 1393291818

From: Barbara Neal <>
Subject: [POYTHRESS] Poythress / Poytress DNA question (was Re: POYTHRESSDigest, Vol 9, Issue) 11
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 18:30:18 -0700

Thanks for speaking up, Debbie. Yes, in our Poythress/Poytress Surname
Y-DNA Study, we did succeed in getting a sample submitted by one of the
living British Poytress male descendants whose line has continued to live
in England thru all these nearly 400 years.

And his sample (11 generations down from John, who owned Ploddy House and
who was father of both Francis who came to Virginia by 1633, and of
Christopher, who stayed in England) gives DNA result-numbers remarkably
similar to the results of most of our American Poythress participants (some
of whom are now deceased).

That similarity is shown in the results from your own family's male
participant, Debbie, and my family's male participant. So yes, it's great
to see that we are related to the Brit Poytress folk. (I continue to wish
we could nail down all the father-to-son lines of descent here in America,
to show exactly how closely or distantly we are cousins -- you and me, and
so many others.)

Our
Poythress/Poytress Surname Y-DNA Study
is discussed at our research website, poythress.net, along with lots of
other interesting material.

This thread: