QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2007-02 > 1172506666

From: Thomas Hamm <>
Subject: [Q-R] Gershom Perdue/Johnson Family
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:17:46 -0500

I am also descended from John and Elizabeth/Lucretia (Massie) Johnson
through their son Ashley who married Martha Woody, so I'm interested
in untangling the early Johnsons. Unfortunately, while Gershom
Perdue did write a letter about the early Johnsons that is often
quoted, his manuscript on Thomas Beals and early Friends in Ohio
doesn't elaborate on the Johnsons, or provide any additional
information. The whereabouts of his papers, which must have been
considerable, are unknown. Wilmington College has one volume of
Perdue's diary, but it does not include genealogical or historical
information.

Tom Hamm