ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2008-01 > 1199747449

Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L] Crediting your sources
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 18:10:49 EST

Pat-

This is very true--but on the other hand, if someone lists a source as
"personal knowledge" for an event that occurred in 1800 <g> at least the person
reading it would have a clue that the source might not be one they can trust.

Joan
Pat wrote:

I have personal knowledge of when and where I was married, who my husband
and children are, and when and where the children were born. I have
personal knowledge of where and when my father and mother, and grandparents,
died.

All of this, because "I was there."

I do not have personal knowledge of my birth circumstances, nor my siblings
or parents. Nor, my husband. In the case of my birth, I was there, but too
young to write it down <G>. In the case of the others, I wasn't there.