ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2008-01 > 1200520043

From: "Bob" <>
Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L] Family History
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:47:23 -0800

** Reply to message from "Kathie Harrison" <> on Wed, 16
Jan 2008 01:01:26 -0700

> Bob, I have my family file on the Rootsweb World Connect and I update
> it all the time. I am the ONLY person who can update it, remove it,
> and download it. It is also there in case I would have my computer
> crash and lose all my work. I never have added it on the Ancestry side
> and it is NOT there.

I backup my data to a removable disk and another computer. I know there are
many web sites that advertise online backup for your files besides Rootsweb and
Ancestry but I do not trust them to not use the data in some way, mostly for
advertisements.

> I find it very hard to believe that they told you too bad. What did
> you have on Rootsweb and where exactly was it? Your own web account or
> what?

Find it hard to believe but that is what happened. It was my web site, hosted
by Rootsweb, from before Ancestry took over and changed the rules. I deleted
what I could and obviously left the rest where it was since I could not delete
it.

--
Robert Blair

This thread: