THEATRICAL-ANCESTORS-L Archives

Archiver > THEATRICAL-ANCESTORS > 2003-10 > 1067401177

From: "Dorothy Frevele" <>
Subject: Re: [THEATRICAL] Conrad Simonis - radio 1920s
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:19:52 -0700

Freeport, Long Island, New York was a town next to Baldwin and it had a
local radio station but I can't remember the call letters. A neighbor had a
band and they played on the station and his theme song was the "Big Rock
Candy Mountain". Might want to inquire in Freeport or look up the Nassau
County web site for information.
I would like to inquire about a Redding O'Brien [actor] who went to England
on a vaudeville tour, stayed there seven years and died in England, 1890
In my grandfathers obit he is mentioned. My grandfather Frank O'Brien and
his wife Nelly Sheridan stayed on the east coast of the U.S. and were both
on the stage and settled in Freeport. He was know as he "Gentleman Tramp"
And "The Gentleman of Leisure". He died in 1922. Anyone have another info on
this family. Thanks--Dorothy Frevele